Black Duck Foods has a vision to re-develop traditional food growing and country management processes for the economic benefit of Indigenous people and country.
Our promise is to:
- Research what our elders did – Indigenous led research is a core value.
- Understand how our elders managed Country – and identify what value that creates now.
- Understand how our elders sustainably grew foods that benefited all of life on Country – identify what systems, processes and methods can be implemented today.
- Actively encourage Indigenous people to be employed to learn and share this knowledge.
- Inspire the broader Australian community to value this knowledge & reform agricultural practices across Australia for the sake of Country.
- Develop the process so that other Indigenous communities don’t have to start from scratch – paying from scratch